Stenciled Edges by Lizzie Jones..
Learn how to use stenciling along your card’s edges to draw the eye toward your focal point, then create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and include stenciled edges.
Below is my take on Lizzie's Challenge.
I used the Wood Block Print Stencils blending White Snow around the edges on Kraft paper. The center was die cut using two of Betsy's Mix & Mat: Scallops dies. My goal was to create a romantic lacy card that could be used as a wedding card. I chose Betsy's Stitched Garden set to create the rose focal point and off set it in the upper corner. I popped the flower up with foam tape and applied a few clear drops to give the elusion of dewdrops on the flowers. I also popped the Kraft piece up from the Smokey Shadow backing giving a bit more depth to the card. Finally, I selected the die cut "Congratulations" from Heather's Ways to Say: Congratulations set as my sentiment.
- STAMPS: Stitching Garden, Ways to Say: Congratulations.
- INK: Fresh Snow, Pale Peony, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado.
- PAPER: Kraft, Stamper’s Select White, Smokey Shadow,.
- DIES: Mix & Mat: Scallop, Stitching Garden, Ways to Say: Congratulations.
- OTHER: Woodblock Prints Stencils, Dew Drops for one of the PTI Kits, White twine, Foam Tape, MISTI Mini.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog.. 



I love the lace in the center surrounded by the delicate stenciling. Your flower is beautiful too. Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love how you did your background with the white on kraft and the mix and mat die cut just adds another gorgeous layer! And of course your rose is just lovely...I'm enjoying that set right now too!! :0)
ReplyDeleteLove where you placed your stenciling, beautiful card!
ReplyDeleteThis would make a gorgeous wedding card! The woodblocks stencil with the Mix & Mat die is a lovely combination.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Judith.
ReplyDelete